- mini orals prep: Group A: The Normans in England – Group B: The Daily (NYT)
- Depending on your group, do your research or listening homework (check the schedule).
Make sure to choose a podcast episode from the previous week, and only the previous one.
- Research or listen and make either :
– for the research homework: a flashcard (dates, places, people, events, issues, consequences and heritage)
– for the listening homework: a list of issue-related vocabulary, phrases & structures.
- Prepare a one-minute oral presentation of your assignment:
- Reorganize key information in a 30-sec abstract. Paraphrase as much as possible.
- Develop a personal commentary on the topic: 30 sec
- Structure your mini presentation to hook your audience (hook/grabber + clear transition from recap to commentary + use of humor or direct address to listeners to grab their attention throughout + circular structure / ccl°).
- Peer presentation (and note taking)
- Class presentation for at least 2 of you
- First speaking assigment: